Supplemental Education Services
Sparta Lincoln School is a part of the Supplemental Education Services program with 238 students eligible and 18 participating.
Help Your Child With Reading...
Turn on the closed captioning option on your television.
Right: First graders enjoying storytime
District 140 Superintendent Larry Beattie
From The Superintendent's Desk
On behalf of the Board of Education, administration, faculty, staff and students of Sparta Community Unit School District #140, I welcome you to our district web site. Sparta Community Unit School District #140 comprises of four schools housing students from Pre Kindergarten through grade twelve. Total enrollment is approximately 1500 students. The district participates in cooperation with Perandoe Special Education Cooperative to provide special education services to the students within the district. We serve the communities of Sparta, Evansville, Tilden, Walsh, and Schuline.
We offer several initiatives designed to enhance the educational opportunities for Sparta Students. These programs include: RTI (Response to Intervention), RAC (Reading Across the Curriculum), Advanced Placement and Pre Advanced Placement Classes, and a Vocation Program both within the district and in partnership with the BECK Area Career Center.
Larry Beattie, Superintendent
District 140 Online Document Library
- Administrator & Teacher Salary & Benefits Report SY2014
- Annual Statement of Affairs
- Collective Bargaining Information
- District Items for Sale
- District Policy Manual
- FOIA Requests
- FY2015 District Contracts over $25,000
- FY2015 Budget
- IMRF Compensation that Exceeds $75,000
- National School Lunch Policy
- Public School Works
District Registration Form
- Projects or programs funded in whole or in part with Federal grant money must credit the Federal government for the Federal government's portion of the financial support. This web page citation informs the public that the use of Federal dollars in Sparta CUSD #140 meets the Steven's Amendment requirement. Staff development opportunities, resource purchases and personnel have been funded in whole or in part with Federal entitlement dollars.